We hear so many stories about the challenges in working with children and getting great photos
Remember the old saying “don’t work with kids or animals”?
Working with children and creating the photos you desire is so much easier when following these 7 steps:
1. Get the parents to blend in with their children, not the other way around. Too often we expect the children to perform rather than be themselves. It is much easier to get the adults to blend in with their kids
2. Create an activity or environment where the children feel safe and excited about doing something they enjoy, this is why we do our work outdoors and not in studios
3. Choose a time of day for more appropriate lighting conditions matched to their normal sleeping patterns if younger children are being photographed
4. Get down to their level so they feel safe with you as a photographer
5. The children will feel great if their parents (who they trust) and the photographer are saying and doing similar things and not hearing mixed messages
6. Don’t make the photo session “formal”, children are adventurous and curious so work with this, its fun and an adventure!!
7. Once you have created this, when the family comes back a few years later to update their photos, the kids will remember how good you made them feel, and naturally they will love to be photographed again
Children grow up way too fast and we LOVE photographing families.
Looking at updating your family photos? It doesn’t have to be hard and can be a great time for you and some of the closest and most significant people in your life, your family.
Lets talk about how we can create something a little special for and YOU and YOUR family!!!